Thursday, May 26, 2011
You sound like you're from London!
I can't believe that it's just a matter of days before I head off to London. Most things are finally starting to come together... I got my housing assignment, and all I really know is who my roommate is and the names of my host family. They're a retired married couple who hosts exchange students regularly, and they seem really nice and welcoming!
Today, I got the news of the architecture and design firm that I'll most likely be working for. It's not 100% finalized yet, but they said that they would have written confirmation of it by tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed--it's been a long and stressful process and knowing that I have a guaranteed placement would be a huge relief!
I'm still working on getting everything together before I leave... what to pack, how the stupid outlet adapters work with different voltages (believe it or not, that seemingly minor detail is a BIG source of stress), exactly how I'm going to spend money while I'm there, so many things! On top of getting everything ironed out for my trip itself, I've been trying my best to spend at least a little bit of time with my family, friends, and as much time as possible with my boyfriend before I leave. I'm going to miss everyone while I'm gone, but I'm so excited for this opportunity and can't wait to have this experience!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey sweet Meg,
Converter adapters are so very important ;) I'm so thrilled for you and this adventure. Please take lots of pics. I can't wait to hear your stories. I'll be keeping up with your blog. Most important , don't forget your passport. Have so much fun.
Love you much
Aunt Kami.
Meh Meh~ I hope that everything goes smoothly and that you pick up a London accent, because it is London speak....
I really cannot believe that the time is pretty much here for you!!!! It'll be such an awesome growing experience and I am so freaking jealous!
Oh and BTW: I don't like Marc Anthony.
Post a Comment