Monday, December 20, 2010

Counting Down the Days...

Well, another semester has finally come and gone, and I can now say that I only have THREE more left until I'll be done! {Three more semesters until I'm out in the real world, scared and jobless.} I'm still upset that I should be graduating this May, if not earlier, but whatever... I'll try not to dwell on that too much.

Overall, as far as how most semesters have gone since I've been in design school, this one wasn't too bad. I technically had only one studio class, which really was terrible, but I came out alive and with straight A's! I got to take a couple of pretty enjoyable classes, stepped out of my comfort zone a little bit and got involved as an officer in our ASID chapter (American Society of Interior Designers), and sort of figured out what I would like to do with my life. Not bad as far as being productive...

ASID Trip to Bartlesville - Price Tower

Super fun trip to Bartlesville!

I've finally discovered that the thing I should have studied in the first place is Art History, but I'm lucky enough to be able to squeeze that into my schedule and minor in it. Unfortunately, I had to take Drawing for it, but actually had a pretty good time because unlike in design, your work is allowed to be a little messy. It was sort of liberating to break out of the precision and technicality we're always required to have in interior design. My favorite drawing assignment was choosing a drawing from a master artist and recreating it and enlarging it using a grid. I chose a sketch by Raphael, and I'm pretty proud of how it turned out...

Now it's on to enjoying a much needed, but way too short break, and preparing myself for next semester (16 hours! I'm going to be really upset with myself.)... It's been a busy break so far and it'll go by so fast::: Christmas with my extended family in Tulsa just this last weekend, actual Christmas with my family this weekend, Christmas with all of the Vaughns on the 27th, and somehow plan a get-together with my dad and that side of my immediate family. Then it's on to New Years Day when we'll be getting up bright and early to head out on a family vacation where we'll get to cruise the Caribbean! Can't wait!
Christmas socks are my favorite.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice socks lets have some panty shots